Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Works in Progress

Hey there!

I'm all done editing photos for the moment, so now I can devote my free time to the REALLY fun stuff - painting! I've had a lot of ideas pop up recently, so today I took the time to start on some and continue on others I started awhile ago. Check it out:


I'm calling this one "The Calm Inside the Storm." (Anyone ever seen "The Fountain?" Yeah.) It's nearly done, but I'd like to work more on the root system. I also feel like it needs some figures - birds, maybe a person somewhere - to make it "come alive." Not sure what, though.


This is a painting I started over a year ago. I added a few more elements today, but again, need to add something to make it pop.


Yep, it's another tree. I went through a phase, okay? Anyways, I did the background for this a couple of months ago and loved how it came out. I added the tree today, and while I did want the tree to look solid, now it looks TOO solid. I also plan to add its leaves...maybe I could add more to the background so the tree doesn't look so stark.


This canvas is black-not!
Don't worry. Much more will be added. Could be a whole series...one of the more photo-real paintings I've done in awhile. You'll just have to wait and see what it is. ;-)

I'm also working on turning some small sketches into drawings that would be sell-able. I really want to have a show sometime soon, like this fall, and I needs ta make stuffs!

Any suggestions/ideas on the paintings I'm kinda stuck on would be appreciated. :)

Thanks for looking and reading! Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment